Thank you for selecting the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax (the “Services”) offered by Intuit Consumer Group Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates (referred to as "Intuit", "we", "our", or "us"). Review these Terms of Service ("Agreement") thoroughly. This Agreement is a legal agreement between you and Intuit. By clicking “I Agree,” indicating acceptance electronically, or by, installing, accessing or using the Services, you agree to this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, then do not use the Services.
This Agreement describes the terms governing your use of the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax provided to you on this website, including Content (defined below), updates and new releases (collectively, the “Services”). This Agreement includes by reference:
- Intuit's Privacy Statement. Click here.
- Additional terms and conditions, which may include those from third parties.
- Any terms provided separately to you for the Services, including product or program terms, ordering, activation terms, etc.
2. YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICES
2.1 The Services are protected by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You are only granted the right to use the Services and only for the purposes described by Intuit. Intuit reserves all other rights in the Services. Until termination of this Agreement and as long as you comply with this Agreement, Intuit grants to you a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable right and license to use the Services while available.
3. LIMITATIONS. You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. You agree you will not:
- Provide access to or give any part of the Services to any third party.
- Reproduce, modify, copy, sell, trade, lease, rent or resell the Services.
- Decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Services.
- Make the Services available on any file-sharing or application hosting service.
4. USE WITH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
Use of these Services may be available through a mobile browser or other means on a compatible mobile device, and/or via cellular or other Internet access and may require software. You agree that you are solely responsible for these requirements, including any applicable changes, updates and fees (including message and data rates) as well as the terms of your agreement with your mobile device and telecommunications provider.
INTUIT MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO:
- THE AVAILABILITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES FROM YOUR PROVIDER AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY LOCATION;
- ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR SECURITY INTRUSION OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES; AND
- ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR FAILURE TO TRANSMIT ANY DATA, COMMUNICATIONS OR SETTINGS CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES.
5. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. You can view Intuit’s Privacy Statement provided with the Services and on the website for the Services. You agree to the applicable Intuit Privacy Statement and any changes published by Intuit. You agree that Intuit may use and maintain your data according to the Intuit Privacy Statement, as part of the Services. This means that Intuit may use your data to improve the Services or to design promotions and to develop new products or services. Intuit is a global company and may access or store personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside of your own country to the extent permitted by applicable law.
5.1 California Consumer Privacy Act. For the purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Intuit shall be considered a Business and/or Third Party, as applicable. Where Intuit acts as a Third Party, you represent, warrant and covenant that all Personal Information provided or otherwise made available to Intuit is done so in compliance with applicable law, and that it has provided all necessary and appropriate notices and opt-outs, and otherwise has all necessary and appropriate rights, to enable Intuit to:
- share any and all Personal Information you provide with any Intuit company, including Intuit Inc. and any parent, subsidiary, affiliate, or related company of Intuit Inc. (collectively, the “Intuit Family Companies”); and
- use any such Personal Information in connection with any and all Intuit Family Companies’ internal operations and functions, including, but not limited to, improving such Intuit Family Companies’ products and/or services, operational analytics and reporting, internal financial reporting and analysis, audit functions and archival purposes.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the parties agree that the sharing of Personal Information between Intuit Family Companies does not constitute a “sale” of such Personal Information under the CCPA. Capitalized terms in this paragraph have the meanings given those terms under the CCPA.
6. CONTENT AND USE OF THE SERVICES
6.1 Responsibility for Content and Use of the Services.
- Content includes any data, information, materials, text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, that are uploaded, transmitted, posted, generated, stored or otherwise made available through the Services ("Content"), which will include without limitation any Content that account holders (including you) provide through your use of the Services. By making your Content available through your use of the Services, you grant Intuit a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and use your Content. Archive your Content frequently. You are responsible for any lost or unrecoverable Content. You must provide all required and appropriate warnings, information and disclosures. Intuit is not responsible for any of your Content that you submit through the Services.
- You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in, promote or transmit any of the following:
- Illegal, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing, offensive, inappropriate or objectionable information or communications of any kind, including without limitation conduct that is excessively violent, incites or threatens violence, encourages "flaming" others or criminal or civil liability under any local, state, federal or foreign law;
- Content that would impersonate someone else or falsely represent your identity or qualifications, or that may constitute a breach of any individual’s privacy; is illegally unfair or deceptive, or creates a safety or health risk to an individual or the public;
- Except as permitted by Intuit in writing, investment opportunities, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, other unsolicited commercial communication or spamming or flooding;
- Virus, Trojan horse, worm or other disruptive or harmful software or data; and
- Any Content that you do not own or have the right to use without permission from the intellectual property rights owners thereof.
6.2 Restricted Use of the Services.
- You shall not, and shall not permit any users of the Services or any other party to, engage in, solicit, or promote any activity that is objectionable or may be illegal, violates the rights of others, is likely to cause notoriety, harm or damage to the reputation of Intuit or could subject Intuit to liability to third parties, including: (i) unauthorized access, monitoring, interference with, or use of the Services or third party accounts, data, computers, systems or networks; (ii) interference with others’ use of the Services or any system or network, including mail bombing, broadcast or denial of service attacks; (iii) unauthorized collection or use of personal or confidential information, including phishing, pharming, spidering, and harvesting; (iv) viewing or other use of any Content that, in Intuit’s opinion, is prohibited under this Agreement; (v) any other activity that places Intuit in the position of fostering, or having potential or actual liability for, illegal activity in any jurisdiction; or (vi) attempting to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of an Intuit system or network or to breach Intuit’s security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques. Intuit reserves the right to not authorize and may terminate your use of the Services based on reasonable suspicion of your activities, business, products or services that are objectionable or promote, support or engage in any of the restricted uses described above
6.3 Community forums. The Services may include a community forum or other social features to exchange Content and information with other users of the Services and the public. Intuit does not support and is not responsible for the Content in these community forums. Please use respect when you interact with other users. Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public. Users may post hypertext links to content of third parties for which Intuit is not responsible
6.4 Intuit may freely use feedback you provide. You agree that Intuit may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Services, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant Intuit a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to Intuit in any way.
6.5 Intuit may monitor Content. Intuit may, but has no obligation to, monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with this Agreement, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We may disclose any information necessary to satisfy our legal obligations, protect Intuit or its customers, or operate the Services properly. Intuit, in its sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or refuse to remove, or disable any Content, in whole or in part, that is alleged to be, or that we consider to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS
7.1 Intuit does not give professional advice. Unless specifically included with the Services, Intuit is not in the business of providing legal, financial, accounting, tax, health care, real estate or other professional services or advice. Consult the services of a competent professional when you need this type of assistance.
7.2 Communications. Intuit may be required by law to send you communications about the Services or third party products. You agree that Intuit may send these communications to you via email or by posting them on our websites.
7.3 You will manage your passwords and accept updates. You are responsible for securely managing your password(s) for the Services and to contact Intuit if you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account. The Services may periodically be updated with tools, utilities, improvements, third party applications, or general updates to improve the Services. You agree to receive these updates.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
8.1 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS AND THEIR THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY, "SUPPLIERS") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES ARE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, DATA LOSS, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OF CONTENT IN OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES. INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION. IF THE EXCLUSIONS FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO 60 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICES, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
8.2 INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL SATISFY OR ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO SUCH CLAIM, OR $100 DOLLARS IF YOU DID NOT PAY TO USE THE SERVICES. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (B) DAMAGES RELATING TO FAILURES OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, THE INTERNET, ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, CORRUPTION, SECURITY, LOSS OR THEFT OF DATA, VIRUSES, SPYWARE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, OR USE OF SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT DOES NOT MEET INTUIT SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND ITS USE.
You agree to indemnify and hold Intuit and its Affiliates and Suppliers harmless from any and all claims, liability and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Services or breach of this Agreement (collectively referred to as "Claims"). Intuit reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by Intuit in the defense of any Claims.
10. CHANGES. We reserve the right to modify this Agreement, in our sole discretion, at any time, and the modifications will be effective when posted through the Services or on our website for the Services or when we notify you by other means. We may also change or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part. It is important that you review this Agreement whenever we modify it because your continued use of the Services indicates your agreement to the modifications.
11. TERMINATION. Intuit may, in its sole discretion and without notice, restrict, deny, terminate this Agreement or suspend the Services, related or other Services, effective immediately, in whole or in part, if we determine that your use of the Services violates the Agreement, is improper or substantially exceeds or differs from normal use by other users, raises suspicion of fraud, misuse, security concern, illegal activity or unauthorized access issues, to protect the integrity or availability of the Services or systems and comply with applicable Intuit policy, if you no longer agree to receive electronic communications, or if your use of the Services conflicts with Intuit’s interests or those of another user of the Services. Upon Intuit notice that your use of the Services has been terminated you must immediately stop using the Services. Intuit may terminate a free account at any time. Sections 2.2, and 3 through 15 will survive and remain in effect even if the Agreement is terminated.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Services, its related website, online services, and other Intuit Services, including any mobile applications, delivered by Intuit are subject to restrictions under applicable US export control laws, including US trade embargoes and sanctions and security requirements, and applicable country or local laws to the extent compatible with US laws. You agree that you will comply with these laws and regulations and will not export, re-export, import or otherwise make available products and/or technical data in violation of these laws and regulations, directly or indirectly.
13. GOVERNING LAW. California state law governs this Agreement without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
14. DISPUTES. ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. Additionally, under Consumer Arbitration Rule 9(b) either party may elect to take a claim to small claims court, even after filing an arbitration. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision; the arbitrator shall apply California law to all other matters. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including issues relating to the scope and enforceability of this arbitration provision. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any party to the arbitration may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND INTUIT ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to Intuit Inc., in care of our registered agent Corporation Service Company, 2711 Centerville Road, Wilmington, DE 19808. Arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) before a single AAA arbitrator under the AAA’s rules, which are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and costs will be governed by the AAA's rules, but if you are unable to pay any of them, Intuit will pay them for you. In addition, Intuit will reimburse all such fees and costs for claims totaling less than $75,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Intuit will not seek its attorneys’ fees or costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines your claims or defenses are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and not appealable, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This Section 14 shall survive expiration, termination or rescission of this Agreement.
15. GENERAL. This Agreement, including the Additional Terms below, is the entire agreement between you and Intuit regarding its subject matter and replaces all prior understandings, communications and agreements, oral or written, regarding its subject matter. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction, rules that any part of this Agreement is invalid, that section will be removed without affecting the remainder of the Agreement. The remaining terms will be valid and enforceable. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement to anyone without written approval of Intuit. However, Intuit may assign or transfer this Agreement without your consent to (a) an affiliate, (b) a company through a sale of assets by Intuit or (c) a successor by merger. Any assignment in violation of this Section shall be void. If you want to request a transfer of this Agreement, contact Intuit via an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE TAX PREPARATION SERVICES -- IRS FREE FILE PROGRAM DELIVERED BY TURBOTAX
Your use of the Services provided by Intuit are subject to the General Terms of Service above including these Additional Terms and Conditions which govern your use of the Services indicated below. These Additional Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any conflict or inconsistency with the General Terms of Service above.
1. License Grant and Restrictions
1.1. Use of the Services. You may use the Services solely to prepare your valid federal and state tax return(s) if you are eligible for the Services under Intuit’s then-current qualification criteria for the Free File Program and after proper registration, and to file electronically and/or print such federal tax return(s).
1.2. Number of Returns. After proper registration, you may file your returns electronically or by printing and mailing them to the IRS and/or appropriate state agency. No more than five (5) federal and/or state tax returns may be filed from the Services or from any one email address entered within the Services.
1.3. Additional Examples of Restrictions on Use. You may not use the services to prepare tax returns, schedules or worksheets on a professional or commercial basis (i.e., for a preparer's or other fee).2. SERVICES
2.1. State Services. The term “Services” includes any state version of the software made available through this website.
2.2. Electronic Filing Services.
- If you choose to file your return electronically, the tax return will be forwarded to Intuit's Electronic Filing Center, where it will be converted to and stored in a standardized format, and then transmitted to the applicable federal and/or state taxing authority. You are responsible for verifying the status of your return to confirm that it has been received and accepted by the applicable taxing authority and, if necessary, for filing it manually in the event that the taxing authority rejects your electronically filed return (e.g., taxpayer name and SSN don't match). You agree to review your tax return for indications of obvious errors before electronically filing or mailing it. To the extent required by applicable law and regulation, Intuit stores and maintains information that you provide to Intuit. Intuit is not required or obligated to provide you with a copy of your tax return if you are using a free version of TurboTax or at any time after October 15 of the applicable tax filing season unless otherwise included with the version of TurboTax you selected. In the event it is not accessible from Intuit you must contact the IRS.
- The Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") will begin accepting electronically filed returns on approximately January 15 of the applicable tax filing season. If you complete a federal tax return prior to that date and want to file it electronically, you will need to log in to the Services anytime on or after the date the IRS first accepts filings to complete the electronic filing process. You can file a late tax return for tax year 2019, through the Services, up to October 15, 2020 or as otherwise permitted by the IRS and supported by Intuit. The IRS requires Intuit to notify it, in connection with the electronic filing of your tax return, of the Internet Protocol ("IP") address of the computer from which the return originated and whether the email address of the person electronically filing the return has been collected. By using this Service to prepare and submit your tax return, you consent to the disclosure to the IRS and any other tax or revenue authority of all information relating to your use of the Electronic Filing Services.
- If you are filing one or more State tax returns, then by using a computer system and software to prepare and transmit return(s) electronically, you consent to the disclosure of all information pertaining to your use of the system and software to the States in which you are filing the returns, as applicable by law, and to the transmission of your tax return(s).
2.3 Import Services. The Services may include a feature that allows you to import, where applicable, certain information from participating financial institutions, payroll processors, personal financial software, business financial software such as QuickBooks and charitable deduction information from ItsDeductible branded service. You are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the information that is imported.
The Services also may include functionality designed to read data from images (for example, W-2s, other tax forms, or credit cards used for payment) photographed using a mobile device. This functionality is limited to those forms or items that the Services can read. If the form or other item you photograph and submit through the Services is not supported, you may need to manually enter your data.
You may be offered the ability to import data from other sources in addition to those above. You may provide us with your authorization and information to allow us to obtain your data from third parties on your behalf to use the Services or any third party service that you select. You represent that you have the necessary rights to grant us access to your accounts with third parties. Third parties are not affiliated with or endorsed or sponsored by us.
- 2.4 Record Keeping. You are responsible for maintaining adequate documentation to substantiate the accuracy and completeness of your tax returns. You acknowledge and agree that you must comply with state and federal recordkeeping requirements, including those of the Internal Revenue Service. Intuit has no obligation to store your tax documents other than to the extent required by applicable law and regulation. You agree to hold Intuit harmless from any liability, including but not limited to, additional tax, penalties, interest and professional fees resulting from the disallowance of tax deductions due to inadequate documentation.
- Approval of Final Tax Returns. You are responsible for the overall accuracy of the data in your final tax return(s). Electronic Filing: Electronic filing may not be available for certain tax returns or in some states. Intuit’s responsibility with respect to e-filing your tax return(s) is limited to using commercially reasonable efforts to facilitate your transmission of your tax return(s) to the applicable taxing authority who accept them. If we cannot electronically transmit your tax return, you will have to print and manually sign the tax returns and mail the returns directly to the tax authority. You will be responsible for postage and mailing of the tax return(s).
- Joint Filers. You agree that for returns with “married filing jointly” filing status, both spouses are deemed to be customers of Intuit and subject to the terms of this Agreement. Both individuals acknowledge that there is no expectation of privacy between the spouses by Intuit concerning the Services, in connection with this Agreement. We shall be at liberty to share with either of you, without prior consent of the other, documents and other information concerning the preparation of your tax return(s).
2.6 Amended Returns. If you used Free File to file your 2019 return, you may be able to file an amended tax return for the 2019 tax year through the Services, up to October 15, 2020 or as otherwise permitted by the IRS and supported by Intuit. Users needing to file an amended tax return for either of two prior tax years may be provided a link to a downloadable version of TurboTax. In such case, your tax information will be transferred via your tax data file, at no additional cost. Your amended return may need to be completed in the downloadable version of TurboTax and not via the Services online. You agree to this process for amended tax returns and the downloadable TurboTax End User License Agreement where applicable
3. HELP AND SUPPORT
Depending on the versions of the Services you use, Intuit may use a variety of methods (e.g., in-product, widgets, Internet, remote access, online community, chat, e-mail, video, or phone) to provide technical support and customer service in connection with the Services. The terms and conditions governing the offering of this support are subject to change as announced by Intuit from time to time. Consult the Services and/or the web site for the most up-to-date information relating to this support. The Services are not accessible after October 15 of each applicable tax year and shall not be supported beyond that date.
(a) TurboTax Accurate Calculation Guarantee. Intuit works to ensure the accuracy of the calculations on every form prepared using the Services.
- If you are a registered user and you pay an IRS or state penalty and/or interest solely because of a calculation error on a form prepared for you using the Services, and not as a result of, among other things, your failure to enter all required information accurately, willful or fraudulent omission or inclusion of information on your tax return, misclassification of information on the tax return, or failure to file an amended return to avoid or reduce an applicable penalty/interest after Intuit announced updates or corrections to the Services in time for you to file an amended return, then Intuit will pay you in the amount of the IRS or state penalty and/or interest paid by you to the IRS or state. In this regard, you are responsible for keeping Intuit apprised promptly of any change in your email address, mailing address and/or phone number so that you can be notified of such updates or corrections. The Accurate Calculations Guarantee does not apply to tax forms completed in which the data is entered directly by you, rather than through the use of the in-product TurboTax interview guidance. You are responsible for paying any additional tax liability you may owe and providing any other information Intuit reasonably requests to validate your claim. A "registered user" is a user from whom Intuit has received the information necessary to permit such person to print or electronically file a tax return prepared using the Services and who complies with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- If you believe such a calculation error occurred, you must notify Intuit as soon as you learn of the mistake (and in no event later than 30 days after the penalty or interest is assessed and within the applicable federal and/or state tax filing statute of limitation). You must send claims regarding accurate calculations to: ATTN: Accuracy Guarantee, 2800 E Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85726-8867. Please use a traceable mailing method and maintain copies of submitted items for your records. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing Intuit will then contact you promptly to resolve the issue. To validate the claim, Intuit may require your TurboTax tax data file (particularly if you did not electronically file), a copy of the IRS/state notice, and any other documents to support the income or deduction.
(b) Maximum Refund (or Tax Savings) Guarantee.
- (i) If you are a registered user of the Services and you receive a larger refund amount or pay a smaller tax due amount using another tax preparation method other than the Services, then Intuit will refund to you the applicable purchase price paid by you for the federal and/or state Services or $30 dollars if you did not pay to use the Services. Claims must be submitted within sixty (60) days of the date you filed your tax return using Services, but no later than December 15 of the applicable tax filing season.
- (ii) To qualify, the larger refund or smaller tax due cannot be attributed to variations in data you provided for tax preparation or for positions taken by you or your preparer that are contrary to the law. If you received a larger refund amount or pay a smaller tax due using another tax preparation method other than the Services, you must notify Intuit within sixty days of the date you filed your tax return with the following documents: A copy of your Services data or data file; a copy of the printed return from the other tax preparation method; and a letter stating your refund or tax due amount using the Services and your refund or tax due amount using another tax preparation method. You must send all claims by mail to TurboTax Maximum Refund Guarantee, 2800 E Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706, Tucson AZ 85726-8867. Please use a traceable mailing method and maintain copies of submitted items for your records. Any materials submitted to Intuit are understood to be non-returnable. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing and delivery. If after 8 weeks you have not received your check, contact us.
(c) Audit Support Guarantee.
If you are a registered user of the Services and you receive an audit letter from the IRS or State Department of Revenue relating to your current year return prepared using the Services, then Intuit will provide free year round audit guidance (what to expect and how to prepare) from a tax professional to help answer your audit questions until December 31 three years following the applicable tax filing season. Audit Support Guarantee is applicable to Federal and State audit letters and/or notices. We will not be your representative or provide legal advice. If we are not able to connect you to one of our tax professionals for audit guidance, then you are entitled to a refund of the applicable purchase price paid by you for the Services or $30 dollars if you did not pay to use the Services. Claims must be submitted within sixty (60) days of the date you received your audit guidance, but no later than June 15 three years following the applicable tax filing season. This Guarantee cannot be combined with any other Guarantee. Excludes TurboTax Business (forms 1065, 1120, 1120S, and 1041).
To qualify, you must successfully e-file or print and mail your individual federal and any state income tax return(s) (with paid or qualifying free federal return) using the Services. Claims must be submitted to Intuit within sixty (60) days of the date you received your audit guidance but no later than June 15, three years following the applicable tax filing season, by submitting a claim with the following documents: IRS or State audit letter. Send it to TurboTax Audit Support Guarantee, 2800 E Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85726-8867. Please use a traceable mailing method and maintain copies of submitted items for your records. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing and delivery. If after 8 weeks you have not received your check, contact us. To validate your claim, and as a precondition of refund payment, Intuit may require access to your Services data or data file for the applicable tax year and/or other supporting information such as copies of your printed tax returns. Any materials submitted to Intuit are understood to be non-returnable.
5. User ID and Password Security
You are the only person authorized to use your user ID and password and for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You shall not permit or allow other persons to have access to or use your user ID and password. You are responsible for the use of the Services under your user ID. If you have not electronically filed or printed your tax return, you must create a user ID and password in order for you to access your tax return data at a later date. You must remember your user ID and password to electronically transfer your tax return information into next year's tax return. If you do not complete your return prior to October 15, 2020 your tax return information will be deleted from our system.
6. Privacy of Personal and Tax Return Information
At Intuit we place the highest importance on respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Our most important asset is our relationship with you. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our products and services and with entrusting your personal and tax return information to us. Our full TurboTax Privacy Statement can be found on the TurboTax website. To contact us with a question, visit our website or write to us at: Privacy Team, TurboTax, 2800 East Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706.
You are responsible for protecting the information on your computer such as by installing anti-virus software, updating your software, password protecting your files, and not permitting third party physical or electronic access to your computer or tax files.
You may provide us with your telephone number as part of your customer record or registration or via other method. You understand and agree that the Services may require multiple sources of information about you to confirm your identity and help ensure the security of your personal use of TurboTax, often referred to as “multi-factor authentication” (“MFA”). Part of the MFA identity authentication and verification process may involve Intuit sending text message(s) containing security code(s) to your telephone number. You agree to receive these text message(s) from Intuit containing security code(s) as part of the MFA process. In addition, you agree that Intuit may send automated text messages and pre-recorded voice messages to the telephone number you provide for certain limited purposes, including: verifying your identity, providing you with important critical notices regarding your use of the Services, or fulfilling a request made by you through the Services.
With MFA, you also agree and consent to us obtaining and using information from your mobile phone service provider, solely for the purposes of verifying your identity and to compare information you have provided to Intuit (such information may include from your mobile phone service provider account record: your name, address, email, customer type, customer role, billing type, mobile device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI) and other mobile phone subscriber details). You also agree that your acceptance of a Third Party Refund Processing Service Agreement will authorize the sharing of the bank account information you provide to the provider and your authorization to debit your bank account for fees, charges, and any applicable taxes owed to Intuit if your tax refund is not sufficient in amount to pay for those fees, charges, and taxes (if any).
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT INTUIT WILL NOT AUDIT OR OTHERWISE VERIFY ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DISALLOWED DEDUCTIONS, OR THE INCLUSION OF ADDITIONAL UNREPORTED INCOME OR RESULTING TAXES, PENALTIES OR INTEREST.
EXCEPT FOR THE REIMBURSEMENT FOR CALCULATION ERRORS DESCRIBED IN SECTION 4 OF THESE SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS, THE ENTIRE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF INTUIT AND ITS SUPPLIERS FOR ANY REASON ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 9 OF THE GENERAL TERMS.
INTUIT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, TAX POSITIONS TAKEN BY YOU, INABILITY TO FILE YOUR RETURN, DELAY IN PREPARING YOUR TAX RETURN, INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO INTUIT, ANY ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, YOUR PASSWORD AND USER ID BY AN UNAUTHORIZED PERSON.
INTUIT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAULT OR DELAY IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO THE EXTENT ITS PERFORMANCE IS DELAYED OR PREVENTED DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, SUCH AS ACTS OF GOD, NATURAL DISASTERS, TERRORIST ACTS, WAR OR OTHER HOSTILITIES, LABOR DISPUTES, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, THE ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES, ELECTRICAL OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEM FAILURES, OR GOVERNMENTAL ACTION.
THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS THROUGH WHICH YOU ACCESS TURBOTAX FOR ONLINE BANKING SHALL NOT HAVE LIABILITY RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
8. MISCELLANEOUS MATTERS.
You agree that Intuit is not acting as your agent or fiduciary in connection with your use of the Software or any Services.
You can contact Intuit Inc. by mail at TurboTax, Intuit Inc., 2800 E Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706 or by calling 888-777-3066 if you have a question or concern about any product or service we sell over the Internet. The address and telephone number of the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs is: 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814-6200, 800-952-5210.
8.1 Additional Third Party Software Licensing Terms.
The Services and any corresponding mobile app(s) may contain third party software components which are governed by and subject to commercial terms and licenses as provided below. You must comply with any such commercial terms and licenses with regard to these separate third party software components. Intuit makes no warranty concerning these third party software components.
8.1.1. Some versions of the Services may contain Xerces-C, Copyright © 1999-2009 The Apache Software Foundation. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.